Safe and Comfortable
If you are in need of a root canal treatment in Dade City, FL, you don’t want to waste time searching around. Luckily, the professionals at Smile Design Dentistry have been providing our neighbors in Dade City root canals and other dental services for over ten years. By offering both routine and complex dental procedures from one central office, we save you time and money because you don’t have to visit specialists located in different places.
A root canal is a complex procedure that is part of a subset of dentistry called endodontics. Endodontists need additional training and certification. At Smile Design Dentistry, we have endodontic specialists serving some of our locations throughout the Dade City area. This means that we can provide you with the specialized expert treatment and gentle care you need in a nearby Smile Design Dentistry office.
Gentle Root Canal Therapy
If you develop a dental infection, root canal therapy can often save your tooth. Our endodontist will provide expert diagnosis and gentle, precise treatment. Your local Smile Design Dentistry dentist will design and place the custom dental crown that will preserve your tooth and enable you to chew normally and smile with confidence. We offer highly lifelike restorations, which will blend beautifully with your smile. Like many patients, you may be worried that your root canal will be very uncomfortable. Our endodontists will make sure you are fully anesthetized and comfortable. Many of our patients report that undergoing root canal therapy is comparable to receiving a dental filling.
What Is a Root Canal?
Root canal therapy is a restorative procedure designed primarily to address an infected tooth. In some cases, a root canal may be recommended if you have a cracked tooth, and the crack has extended down into your root.
Cleaning and Preparing Your Tooth for a Crown
Root canal therapy and crown restoration typically takes place over two office visits. During the first visit, our endodontist will create a small access chamber in the top of your tooth. Through this chamber, our root canal specialist can reach the soft pulp that fills the inside of your tooth. All infected pulp will be removed from the root canals. The emptied root canals and center of your tooth will be shaped and treated to eliminate bacteria. When your tooth is bacteria-free, the inside of the tooth will be sealed and the chamber filled with gutta percha, a soft rubber compound. Your Smile Design Dentistry dentist will then shape the tooth to receive a crown, make impressions, and then place a temporary crown. Throughout this process, your tooth and nearby gums will be numb. The temporary crown will make it possible for you to chew normally before your next appointment.
Restoring Your Damaged Tooth
At you next appointment your custom permanent crown will be ready and placed on your tooth by your dentist. In most cases, this second appointment will take place about two weeks after the endodontist performs the root canal procedure and your tooth is prepped for a crown. In the interim, our partner lab will fabricate a lifelike dental crown, using the impressions of your tooth. To learn about dental crowns and the crown procedure, you may read about Dental Crowns on this website.
Do You Need Root Canal Therapy?
We may recommend root canal therapy if you suffer from one or more of the following dental concerns:
- Toothache: If bacteria reach the pulp of your tooth, your discomfort may be moderate to severe. Often, it will worsen when you are chewing or in response to a change in temperature. In other cases, it may be a continual or throbbing toothache.
- Gum abscess: If bacteria affect the tip of your dental root, you could develop a gum abscess, a small pus-filled sore on your gums.
- One discolored tooth: A dental infection may create internal discoloration of a single tooth. Typically, this discoloration will have a dark gray tint.
- A dark spot on your x-rays: In some cases, you may not experience a toothache or any other symptoms, but your x-rays could reveal an infected dental root.
- Trauma: Many times a tooth that would traditionally have been removed, after accidental, painful trauma to the roots, can now be saved by doing a root canal.
The Benefits of a Root Canal
- If you have been suffering from pain, the first thing you will notice is relief from the discomfort.
- Without treatment, bacteria could move from your infected tooth to your nearby teeth or your gum tissues. Infection can advance to tooth loss. By removing infection, your tooth has been preserved, and we can protect your complete oral health and support better systemic health.
- You may have been avoiding certain foods and beverages or stopped chewing on one side of your mouth because of pain. Following endodontic treatment, you will be able to eat normally.
- If your infected tooth has become discolored, the crown will restore the look of your smile.
Contact Us Today!
If you are suffering from a toothache or have a tooth in need of restoration, schedule an appointment with your nearby Smile Design Dentistry location. Our dentist will carefully examine your tooth to determine whether you require a root canal and crown or another restorative procedure. If you are in need of a root canal, our endodentist will provide outstanding care. Our goal its to restore you to comfort, health, function, and a beautiful smile! When you visit your local, Dade City root canal specialist at Smile Design Dentistry, you’ll receive the attentive, personalized care you deserve. We’ll sit down with you to explain your necessary treatment, and we’ll work hard to ensure that you’re comfortable throughout your procedure. We even offer sedation dentistry, ensuring that you are completely relaxed and comfortable during your visit.
If you’d like to learn more about root canal treatment in Dade City, FL, or any other endodontic procedures, contact Smile Design Dentistry today. You can visit a caring and gentle dentist at any of our locations in Dade City and the surrounding areas.