The Smile Design Dentistry location near you welcomes families with children. We offer the services of pediatric dental specialists who are specially trained to help children have wonderful dental experiences and optimal oral health. Twice a year dental checkups and dental cleanings should be part of your child’s regular health care. Our services include fillings, fluoride treatment to strengthen tooth enamel, sealants to protect the grooves of teeth that are at high risk for dental decay, emergency dental care, orthodontic evaluation and orthodontics, and guidance for at-home oral health hygiene.
- Digital X-Rays: Dental x-rays are used to safely and accurately detect hidden dental problems and complete an accurate diagnosis and treatment for children. We use the latest digital technology with extremely low exposure to radiation.
- Composite Fillings: When your child has a cavity, our dentist will gently remove the decayed enamel, clean the surface, and apply tooth-colored composite resin to the surface of the tooth. This composite material hardens for a few seconds when exposed to a special UV light. At that point, the tooth is protected and strengthened so you child can continue eating, speaking and smiling with confidence. Because dental cavities grow if they are not treated and can become painful, we urge you to maintain regular dental visits and report any signs of decay between regularly scheduled visits. Just like you, we want to help your child have a disease-free and comfortable mouth.
- Fluoride Treatments: Administered as a pill or applied as a paste, fluoride can protect your tooth enamel and rebuild places where tooth decay has leached minerals away.
- Dental Sealants: Sealants are thin layers of resin that are placed on the pits and fissures and grooves of (usually) molars to prevent decay on these surfaces. Sealants are one of the most effective methods of preventing decays on the surfaces where they are placed. Although it is still a possibility that decay may happen on surfaces in between the teeth, sealants significantly reduce the overall chance of having cavities.
- Orthodontics: If your child has problems with the spacing or alignment of her teeth, or bite problems like overbite, underbite, and crossbite, we may recommend orthodontic therapy. Smile Design Dentistry boasts an in-house orthodontist who can develop a reliable treatment plan for your child. In addition to traditional, fixed metal braces, we offer Invisalign® treatment. Convenient and inconspicuous, Invisalign aligners are a great solution for teens who want straighter teeth without the discomfort and hassle of having to sport a metal mouth.
- Urgent Care: If your child has the misfortune of suffering a dental injury, facial injury to the mouth, or abscess in a tooth or gum tissue, call us for guidance and urgent care. The pediatric specialist or general dentist in your local Smile Design Dentistry office will want to see your child as soon as possible. You may be referred to the emergency department of your local hospital, and our dental teams can follow up with post-hospital care.
Early dental visits set the stage for a lifetime of oral health.
It’s important for kids to have good experiences at the dentist early in life so that they will keep going as adults. As a premier provider of dentistry for children in greater Tampa Bay and Central Florida, we pride ourselves on educating younger patients about proper brushing and the importance of flossing. Your young one’s pediatric dentist will also discuss lifestyle changes, like avoiding sugary drinks and hard foods that can damage growing smiles.
Give us a call today! We provide exceptional dental care for patients of all ages, and we work with most dental benefits plans. We’ll be happy to do a benefits check for your plan before you come in.
Visiting the dentist can be fun!
The dentist doesn’t have to be a scary place. At Smile Design Dentistry, we make sure to take special care to be welcoming, thoughtful, and gentle to all our patients, especially the younger ones. Each of our greater Tampa Bay and Central Florida offices offer a full range of dental care services for children, young adults, and teens. Your local Smile Design pediatric dentist will provide attentive and caring treatment to your little one. We love answering questions about flossing, brushing, and the tooth fairy!